Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Woes of Eating Out

Last night the hubby took me out to a Mexican restaurant in Hartland. We went there because it was near the closest Cold Stone Creamery to us. I noticed on Facebook that participating Cold Stones were having a big ice cream social with free special ice cream in support of Make A Wish Foundation (free with anticipated donations, of course). FREE ice cream?!?!?! Oh boy - I'm THERE!

And since I'm going to the time and trouble of getting properly dressed with hair and makeup done for the public's perusal, I might as well have husband John take me out to dinner first to enjoy maximum benefit of my efforts to look great!

So we go to this Mexican restaurant. The person who finally seats us is the guy who noticed us standing there impatiently as he's clearing a dirty table in the one room we're facing from the entryway. He seats us in the other room where there's many tables of diners. Then he comes to get our drink orders, and brings us salsa and chips.

I notice he is the only waiter in the restaurant. He is also the only busboy, which is a problem for me. I watch in horror as he buses a table, taking up four dirty glasses by carrying them as a group with his fingers inside of them, while holding all of the dirty plates in his other hand.

Not long after this he refills our chips and salsa. I doubt he washed his hands from busing that table and having all of his fingers inside of those dirty glasses, spreading who knows what kind of germs to our food! Egads! I have gross visions of him going over to where the fresh chips are kept and scooping them up in his filthy, germy hands and putting them in our basket for us to eat. Ewwww!

I feel like I am coming down with a sore throat today. I hope I'm wrong! Maybe it's just from being out in the cold last night without a coat. I often suffer from sore throats and sometimes they go away after a day or two, but sometimes they turn into a terrible virus that lasts up to three weeks. No, I'm not crazy & imagining I'm getting sick! Okay, I guess it may be too soon to get sick since I was just exposed to germs last night. But we were out on Sunday so maybe it happened then....

2 comments:

  1. That's gross! You know the waiter/busboy didn't wash his hands before serving the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze...now I have to wonder every time that I go out to eat, where those hands were BEFORE touching my food! Ewwww.....

    ReplyDelete